Tuesday, September 20, 2005

autumn in chicago



exactly four years ago, i packed my bags and took off to chicago. i was fresh faced, invincible and excited. it's now autumn agn in chi-town. and as i pack my bags to visit the windy city by the lakes - i wonder where is that girl?
let me retrace my steps. i'm likely to get lost agn.
or maybe not.
there's abbi (or holmes!!), mr bean and an indie grocery shop at lincoln park run by a dear friend. and if ceteris paribus really exists... there's yakzies and duffy's for my drinks and wings, my lovely lovely tiramisu at BUCCA, and crepes along clarke street...the Nine West factory outlet at the corner of diversey and clake...manager goes by the name of omniscience!!! cinnamon rolls at ann sather (the branch at belmont). the art institute at the tail end of the mag mile. i'll finally have my drink at the signature room at the top of the hancock. great sale items at filene's basement. cool, quirky accessories at anthropology. that homeless man outside market place. ordering starbucks coffee in a venti size. visiting my first rented apt at 2828 pinegrove. i really liked that place. yellow and white vintagey looking building. that familiar sound of the el screeching by. and the cool wind on my face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Red Dotter said...

Hey you're getting a lot of spammers on your blog lei. Heh.
Wow you're headed to the US! Coolest! I hope to go sometime early next year...as usual, gimme some tips on where to eat and checkout! Haha. =P

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go by Market Place, La Creperie, Ann Sather's and Pine Grove once for me!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home